Weighted Plates / Farm Plates
Documents needed for renewal of weighted tags:
- Proof of insurance, certificate of registration
- Payment of taxes due and the estimated weight of the truck combined with the weight of the trailer combined also with the average weight of the load being transported
- Form # 2290 may also be needed
As of March 1, 2012:
- You MUST designate 026 lbs. or 038 lbs. on ALL Farm Tags and the customer must sign the registration.
- 026 Farm Tags are exempt from medical certificates and safety operations annual inspections.
- 026 Farm Tags NOT going out of state are exempt from a DOT number.
- 038 Farm Tags MUST have a DOT number and the name on the truck.
- If your GVWR is 10,001 or more you MUST have a DOT number regardless of type of plate on the truck.
The $10.00 optional contribution is divided equally between 4-H, FFA and the Kentucky Proud Programs.
DOT MGR David Marcum: (502) 863-2124
Kentucky State Police Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, CVE Region 3: 502-863-4559 KSP/CVE: 502-782-1800
State Laws & Administrative Regulations: www.lrc.ky.gov
Federal Regulations and USDOT Information: www.fmcsa.dot.gov