Skip to main navigation Skip to main content


‚ÄčTitles issued prior to February 2000 only have the assignment portion on the back.  They would require the accompanying VTR form #TC 96-182 along with the "old style" title.

The newer titles are longer than a standard sheet of paper and do not require any additional forms.  If you are buying a vehicle from a state other than KY, you will also need to obtain the VTR form #TC 96-182.  That form needs to be signed and notarized by the seller so you will be allowed to pay on the estimated selling price.  A bill of sale will not be accepted.