Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

Registration Renewal

Your vehicle license plate/decal must be renewed yearly.  Documents required for your renewals are:

  • Certificate of registration
  • Proof of insurance


  • Any and all delinquent vehicle tax must be paid in order to complete the renewal or transfer process.
  • The county clerk is the tax collector and does not have the authority to exonerate or change your tax assessments.  Questions regarding taxes should be directed to your Property Valuation Administrator at (502) 845-5740.
  • The Property Valuation Administrator's Office will NOT exonerate a vehicle property tax on a "junked" vehicle, unless you have the title in your possession to actually "junk" it out.  You will need to bring in the title or, if lost, order a duplicate title before any taxes can be exonerated.