In order to record a lien on a vehicle, boat, mobile home or trailer a title lien statement must be filed, the document TC 96-187 is required, and:
- Name of debtor and their address
- Name of secured party (bank or person lending the money) and their mailing address
- Description of collateral (year, make, model and VIN number)
- TC 96-187 Form must be dated
- $22.00 with in 20 days of date, $24.00 after 20 days of date
- Title or copy of the “golden-rod” if a pending lien has been filed
A lien should be filed in the county of the debtors residence.