Voters unable to get to the polls on election day are eligible to vote by paper absentee ballot. You must meet one of the following requirements:
- Due to advanced age, disability, illness or medical emergency
- You are a member of the armed forces (residing outside of your county or deployed)
- You are a dependent of a member of the armed forces (residing outside of your county)
- You are a student attending school outside the county of your voter registration
- You temporarily reside outside the state, but are still eligible to vote in KY
- You are incarcerated in jail and have been charged, but have not been convicted
- Your employment causes your absence all hours, and all days, that absentee voting is allowed at the Clerk's Office
- You will be out of Henry County before 6:00 AM on the day of the election, and will NOT be able to return to Henry County until after 6:00 PM.
Note: You may request an application for paper ballot in person, by mail, by phone or by fax. The application must be completed and returned to the County Clerk prior to seven (7) days before the election. Once the clerk receives the application, the paper ballot will be sent to the voter. This is a two step process, please allow sufficient time for mailing.
Mail Out Deadline
Example: For voting absentee by mail in the May Primary Election, you would have needed to allow enough time to receive an application to vote, return that application to us (by mail), receive your ballot, and have it returned to us (by mail) before 4:30 PM on Election Day.
THE DEADLINE TO REQUEST AN ABSENTEE BALLOT, BY MAIL, IS 7 DAYS PRIOR TO ELECTION.